I have always wanted to travel, but never did because I was too scared to go by myself, and all the planning and preparation seemed like and impossible task. Life Before Work took care of all the details so that I could focus on having the experience of a lifetime. Travelling with a group definitely enhances the experience, especially as a first time traveler. I met many new friends and had so much fun. The people at Life Before Work are awesome people who are committed to helping you get the most out of your trip. It’s you trip and you make it what you want. I definitely recommend LBW to inexperienced travellers or anyone who wants to visit a beautiful country, meet amazing people, and have the time of their life.
Whereas I, the undersigned have engaged Life Before Work to assist with arrangements for vacation planning and for assistance in booking of accommodations and such tours, events and guiding services as to which I have agreed;
And Whereas it is a condition of participation in the tour and events which I seek that I have read and understand that there are limits to the liability of Life Before Work based upon the fact that I will be visiting a foreign country with its own laws and customs and Life Before Work will be engaging subcontractors on my behalf;
I hereby confirm that I have read and understand the following:
- It is hereby understood that the standard of care of Life Before Work is limited to that of an ordinary tour operator to make reasonable inquiries as to the reliability and reputation of any sub-contractors or agents, it is understood that the resources of Life Before Work are limited in that regard by their location in Canada, is not a licensed tour operator at my destination(s) and therefore must engage sub-contractors and agents and is without staff or permanent agents at my proposed destinations, and it is acknowledged that I am responsible to make my own independent investigations or inquiries if I have any concerns.
- I hereby confirm that I assume the normal risks of travel to my intended destinations and participation in the activities I am seeking, confirm that accidents, property damage, serious bodily injuries, and fatalities can occur during adventure travel and confirm that any recourse I may have therefore will lie only directly against the airlines, hotels, inns, restaurants, travel agencies, transportation providers, tour guides, visited sites or other contracted entities and employees or associates thereof. I understand that if I chose to travel in the ocean, on highways, railways, roads, or streets I do so at my own risk and release Life Before Work from liability for any damages, injuries, or death that might occur to me or anyone else.
- Knowing that risks exist I hereby release and save harmless Life Before Work, it’s employees, agents, and volunteers, from any liability whatsoever in relation to the arrangements and my participation in the programs or tours arranged PROVIDED HOWEVER THAT nothing in this document relieves the liability of any contractor with whom I have directly contracted or Life Before Work has contracted on my behalf, notwithstanding that the arrangement was facilitated by Life Before Work OR relieves Life Before Work from liability arising from deliberate acts by their employees or fraud or theft by them.
- I understand that I am responsible to place and must have in place insurance for overseas health care for sickness or injury, trip cancellation and emergency repatriation to my home and confirm that I will make no misrepresentation respecting the status of my current health to the my insurer.
- I understand that my initial deposit is non-refundable and that if I have negotiated a payment plan with instalment dates failure to make an instalment on the scheduled date including NSF cheques, Account Closed or Stop Payment will result in cancellation of my tour and all amounts paid at that time will be forfeited as liquidated damages without prejudice to the right of Life Before Work to recover any additional losses.
- I understand that Life Before Work is not responsible for any possessions that I take on my tour, that they may be at risk and acknowledge that I have been advised to minimize the value of possessions and to acquire insurance for the loss or theft of valuable possessions and that my standard homeowner coverage is likely inapplicable. (ie. Leave the diamonds, gold, cash, important hard-drive data and superfluous camera lenses at home.)
- I also understand that Life Before Work is not responsible for any changes to itineraries schedules, departure dates or return dates occasioned by the actions or policies of subcontractors including airlines or occasioned by weather, war of insurrection.
- I understand that if fuel surcharges go up I will be responsible to pay for the difference in price. For example departures from western Canada are based on the cost of flights being $1200
- I understand that there is a $35 late fee for every week that payments are late. Once my deposit was paid. If I haven’t paid my deposit I do not need to pay late fee’s but if flight prices have gone up since the flights were booked I am responsible to pay for those costs
- I understand that my deposit is non-refundable and if I have already paid for the second payment and the flights have been booked there is a flight cancellation fee of $250 and an administrative fee of $100. (If you have cancellation insurance you will not be charged the cancellation fee [this must be purchased at time of booking]) I also understand that if I cancel within 2 weeks of the tour start date only 50% of my payments will be refunded (based on full payment and after the flight cancellation fees), as costs of booking transport and rooms has already been made.
- I understand that Life Before Work has promotional pricing from time to time and those prices are for new customers only and do not apply to people who have made their deposit already
- I understand that promo-codes for discounts may only be used at the point of purchase and cannot be combined with any other sale or promotion.
- I understand that there is a 5% charge added to all trips
- I understand that all advertised prices that include flights are based on the price of the land only cost, plus the actual cost of the flight. If flights work out to cost more than listed then it is my responsibility to pay for the difference. For example for departures from western Canada the price of the 6 week trip is $3499 and the cost of the land only 6 week trip is $2299 making the average flight cost $1200. If the cost of the flight is more than $1200 then I am responsible to pay for that additional amount. So if the flights are $1400 then your trip cost will now be $3699.
- I understand that Life Before Work has the right to cancel any tour 45 days prior to departure if there is not enough people on the tour. I can choose to get a full refund or choose another departure date.
- Finally, I understand that there are strict laws at my intended destination respecting possession of banned substances or participation in inappropriate conduct including but not limited to sexual contact with minors, agree to abide by the laws of the land, and understand that Life Before Work has a zero tolerance policy for breaches of local laws which will result in immediate termination of our arrangement following which Life Before Work will have no further responsibility for me or further obligation to provide services and I will be on my own.